Chatpate aloo is spicy stir-fry potatoes which is tangy and delicious spicy dish. These Stir-fried potatoes are good with green chili and tamarind give a very authentic flavor. Chatpate Aloo is perfect as a delicious appetizer/starter or you can serve this as a side dish with any meal. This potato recipe is perfect for fasting as it is super easy to make and need just a few ingredients. You can also eat it anytime as a light and healthy snack as I have also added lotus seeds and peanuts. You can eat it with yogurt, green chutney, ketchup or any sauce or just have them with tea. I request you do try it at home and enjoy this easy recipe.
This recipe will serve 4.
Preparation time: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for Chatpate Aloo Recipe:
- 3 big sizes potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed in bite size
- 4 tablespoons oil, ( you can use canola , mustard oil)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, jeera
- 1 teaspoon salt ( or adjust to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons green chili finely chopped (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flake
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded ginger
- ¼ table spoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste (do not use concentrated Tamarind)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 table spoon chhop (teel or alas are good)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tablespoons water
Methods for Chatpate Aloo Recipe:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high temparature. Add little cumin seeds, if it crack immediately, the oil is ready for cook.
- Add cumin seeds. After seeds crack add potatoes and sprinkle the salt over potatoes.
- Stir-fry until potatoes are light golden brown. This should take about 6-7 minutes. Add ginger, green
- chilies and chili flakes. Stir for about a minute.
- Add tamarind paste, chhop and sugar. Mix them well. Add water as needed about 2-3 tablespoons.
- Potatoes should be moist.
- Turn off the heat and add cilantro. Mix it well and serve chatpata aloo hot or you can serve this as pickle also.
- Enjoy the recipe with your friends and family!
- If you want more hot and spices, you can add more chillies and other of your favorite spices.
- You can use ghee to fry potato instead of frying in oil to make the chatpate aloo more tastier.
- For YouTube video: Click here.