Moong Daal is a simple, healthy and tasty vegan soup recipe. It is good for all type of people and patients. You can take this with chapatti, paratha or plain rice as a side dish. You can find the split moong daal with skin and without skin in groceries. It is best flavoured with cilantro and ginger. Click here for more information about moong daal.
Time: 20 minutes
Serve for: 2-4 persons
Ingredients for Cooking Moong Daal Recipe:
- Split yellow Moong daal: 1 cup
- Water : 4 cups
- Asefatita- 1 pinch
- Cumin seed- 1/3 spoon
- Salt- ½ spoon
- Ghee: 2 table spoon
- Tomato: 1 (medium size)
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Turmeric powder : ¼ spoon
- Chopped green cilantro- 1 spoon
Method for cooking moong Daal Recipe
- Wash moong dal 2/3 times and soak in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Remove water to drain it , put a side.
- Make ginger paste, chopped green cilantro, cut the tomato into small pieces also.
- Heat oil in a medium pot or pressure cooker on medium high temperature.
- Add cumin seeds and see until them crack. Also add asefatita and ginger paste. Let them fry for few seconds.
- After this add chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder and saur them well. Cover it around 2 minutes.
- Add moong dal , stir well, also add water on it. Again cover it.
- Let the pressure cooker 3 whistle. (you can heat on medium low tempararure after one whistle).
- Turn off the heat.
- When the whistle open, transfer it into the serving bowl. You can garnish it with chopped cilantro.
- You can make daal thick or thin as your choice. Add more water if you like thin into the cooked daal.
- Daal is ready! You can serve hot with rice, pulau, roti or any other related items as a side dish.
- you can cook other daal like rahar, musuri, chana daal in the same way.
- If you like hot spices, you can sizzle dry red chilli, and red chilli powder as your wish in ghee, and pour into the top of the daal and stir lightly. It also looks great in garnishing.